1.18.2011

architecture worship

i've been lucky enough to travel to several different countries and since the beginning of my travels i have had a deep fascination for the local churches.  something about the architecture, the aura (though i don't affiliate myself with one certain religion), the history.  here are several that i have added to my bucket list:

duomo milano

heddal stave

las lajas

i would like to see if any of these new additions can top those of the st. vitus cathedral in prague.  it won't be easy to surpass the absolute beauty and color saturation of the stained glass windows (a stunning rose window resides here as well as a window design by mucha; one of my favorite artist of all time) or the vaulting arches of the arcade.









but, i'm always willing to visit and consider changing my mind...just sayin'


all images via google images

No comments:

Post a Comment